I’m Kahlid Elijah Tapia and as an actor I’m great at blossoming where I’m planted.
My film-garden-repertoire bloomed overseas with Korean blockbusters such as Seu-pa-i (2013), Gamgi (2013), & Jojak Dwen Doshi (2017). All of which hit #1 in the Korean box office.
With a variety of roles in film and theater under my belt, ranging from a C.I.A. Operative to a Flamboyant Bi-sexual Receptionist. From Henry Brown in David Mamet’s RACE - Aaron, The Moor in TITUS ANDRONICUS, as an African-American actor, type casting was never an issue because the Korean film industry, Seoul Shakespeare Company & Seoul Players saw fit to diversely utilize my capacity for acting.
I did, however, overcome other challenges. The triumph of training, for instance, became so fulfilling. I found the beauty in “traveling to train!” I observed two Ivana Chubbuck workshops in the Philippines & Japan and participated in a workshop with RADA alumna Tordy Clark, in Tokyo. I also received private coaching with Amy Ginther of Vocal Context Inc. This is just a taste, my extended list of training proves my dedication to the craft.
With a smorgasbord of experiences on Korean sets, three rise to the comedic surface. I’ve sat on a bus with no heater, in the freezing cold for 6 hours, waiting to do a television scene, sat in a green room, for 20 hours, to only be used for an hour & a half, and had a blood pack explode directly over my left nipple. (They said it would only hurt a little…it hurt a lot) :)
Yes, being an actor overseas has been an adventure. I've learned to be proactive in my career and I'm ready to show the American film & television industry how a foundation as an expat thespian is the new working class.
Why Cast Me? Here's What You Receive:
- Proven Divergent Thinker By Building A Film Acting Foundation In An Overseas Film Industry
- Can Read, Write & Speak Korean @ Minor Level & Continously Learning Via Online Classes
- Extreme Memorization Ability In English & Korean
- Capacity To Act In Constructed Languages
- Various Actor Training Classes & Workshops In The Method Technique & The Chubbuck Technique
- Ongoing Body Conditioning via Weight Training, Boxing & Muay Thai
- 18 Years As A Tenor In The Gospel Choir
- Social Media Prowess
Follow on Twitter @KahlidTapia